As introduction I’ll quote an author client of mine, “Jeanine believes that the ‘traditional creative magic’ between author and artist is the secret ingredient to a successful children’s book. Based on the amount of awards her clients’ books are winning (and Jeanine herself) – this approach is proven to be true.”
Every new book and the characters that come with it is incredibly exciting. I take my clients along for the ride on the creative journey starting with;
- Character description sheets
- Scene direction and layout
- Character concepts (sketches)
- Final sketches
- Inks (traditional pen or Wacom)
- Final coloured illustrations
All illustrations start with pencil on paper – the authentic way. From there the process jumps into gear and I send my clients frequent updates for them to see their characters come to life.
JH Illustrations & Cover Design packages include:
- Full print and eBook cover formats
- Colour and B&W illustrations
- Character concepts
- Title PNG’s for interior print/formatting
- Character, author and series branding (this includes series logos where applicable)
- General rates vary from $250 - $650. Email me with your project requirements as each illustration project is different and package rates are developed.